Join us in celebrating National Women’s Health Week from May 12-18, encouraging all women to make their health a priority by taking small steps now to improve their health long term. We share with you 7 Days of 7 Ways to get you on the right track for a long and healthy life.
Day 4: Exercise
Along with eating right, exercise is one of the most important things our bodies need to live properly. Regular exercise keeps the digestive system on track, helps prevent many diseases, and helps delay aging.
Here are some ways in which you can add exercise into your daily routine, and learn how to be consistent.
- Aim to get 15-30 minutes of moderate exercise per day, or a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes per week.
- Do moderate to strenuous exercise at least 5 times a week.
- Do strengthening exercises at least twice a week, working all the major muscle groups.
- Do what you love: walking, biking, gardening, swimming. When you pick an activity you enjoy, you are more likely to stick with it.
- Create short and long term goals, and build up activities over time.
- Track your progress, and watch your success and strength increase.
- Go with a friend and make it fun!
- Posted by Altie Seigel
- On May 15, 2019