It is important to get all your regular health checkups, screenings, routine care, mammograms, and pap tests. Speak to your doctor about which preventative screenings you need and when.
- General screenings are based on age, general health, family history, and lifestyle.
- Before seeing your doctor for your woman well-visit, review your family history, and prepare any questions or concerns you may have. Record any changes you may have noticed in your body recently.
- Make sure to get all your vaccinations on time, go to all your follow up appointments, and get any tests that your doctor ordered.
- Based on your age, it may be time for your colonoscopy, blood pressure check, eye exam, or tetanus shot.
- Be honest with your doctor about any changes in your sleep patterns- the amount and quality of sleep you get; any changes in your eating habits; whether you have been neglecting your medicine regiment; and if you have kept up with regular exercise. The more you tell your doctor about your health, the more they can work with you to keep you healthy.
- Address the future, and discuss any fears or concerns you might have, and any issues you may face based on your family history, your lifestyle, your age, and your general health.
Getting your regular screenings and check-ups, and honest communication with your doctor, will help you stay on top of your health, and prevent or treat any problems before they arise.
Call to make an appointment for your well-woman screening today. 845-352-6800
- Posted by Altie Seigel
- On May 12, 2019