March is National Nutrition Month, created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in 1973.
What is Nutrition?
Nutrition, like the root word ‘nutrients’, is everything related to food intake necessary for health and growth. This means everything you put into your mouth and body.
If you want to BE healthier, you need to LIVE healthier.
The overall goal of nutrition is to REDUCE the bad things in your diet, such as refined sugar and too much salt, and to INCREASE the healthy things, like fresh fruits and vegetables, protein, and fiber.
Here are some tips:
- Start with a PLAN: getting healthy should be a lifelong goal, not a short term weight loss bonanza.
- Plan and Prepare meals ahead of time, so you always have healthy foods ready to go.
- Eat smaller portions. Visit www.ChooseMyPlate.gov to find out your ideal portion size.
- Sit down for meals, and stay focused on enjoying your food.
- Be mindful of when you feel full, and stop before you feel too full.
- Drink lots of WATER.
- Eat fibrous foods such as apples, broccoli, lentils, beans, oats.
Whatever you choose to start with, make TODAY the day you start living a healthier life, and becoming a healthier YOU!
Check back throughout the month for more Healthy Eating Tips!
❤ Stay Well and Healthy ❤
- Posted by Altie Seigel
- On March 13, 2019